ONLINE CREDIT RECOVERY, CREDIT FLEX and
AP or ELECTIVE COURSES
AVAILABLE to MIDDLE and HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Provided through EdOptions Online Academy
Warren County Educational Service Center
Pat Pare’, Program Coordinator
Phone: 513-695-2900, ext. 2925
Kim Cochran, Administrative Assistant
Phone: 513-695-2900, ext. 2982
The Warren County ESC is part of Ohio’s statewide support system, affiliated with the Ohio Department of Education. We provide “virtual” credit recovery, credit flexibility, and AP or elective courses through EdOptions Academy. Courses are available to middle and high school students. All courses are 100% online and available year-round. Hundreds of students have completed courses successfully. The combination of 24/7 access and email with online teachers creates many opportunities for students to succeed.
Most courses are divided into Part A (1st semester) and Part B (2nd semester). Courses are activated one semester at a time to allow for student success.
Prices differ depending on the time of year. Summer classes are shorter in length and therefore cost less. Current pricing is as follows:
Regular school year (18 weeks):
$299 per regular course/per semester
$329 per AP course/per semester
Summer School (8 weeks): Pricing for 2014 to be announced
Payment can be made via personal check, money order, or cash (please bring exact change). NO REFUNDS. Make checks payable to WCESC.
⇒FORMS: All required forms are available to print on the right side of this screen.
⇒WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT:
⇒PARENTS AND/OR STUDENTS:
- Submit completed application and payment for one semester to WCESC. Application must be signed by school counselor (or school designee).
- Complete proctor form and have signed by proctor. Submit to EdOptions directly and communicate regarding testing (pre-assessment, midterm, final).
- Provide your own computer.
It is also the responsibility of the parent/student to notify WCESC when they are ready to have another semester/course activated. This is NOT an automatic process and should not be communicated directly to EdOptions.
- Signature on application form (this indicates that courses listed are appropriate and will be accepted by the school for graduation credit). For summer courses, keep in mind your district deadline for completion before granting a student permission to begin a course.
- Provide IEP subject area information with application as appropriate for the course being taken.
- Inform students about required proctor form (available to print on WCESC website).
- Answer questions regarding the EdOptions course process
- Initiate, receive and enter student information for account set up
- Make additional request for activation of another semester/course for students
⇒EDOPTIONS ONLINE ACADEMY:
- Set up student account
- Send email to student/parent with log in credentials
- Activate tests as student/proctors make request
- Assist and monitor student progress
- Provide transcripts of completed credit