JOB SPECIFIC CREDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree (ability to apply for Ohio Department of Education Substitute License) OR
• Valid Teaching Credential issued by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE)
NOTE: If you hold a current standard teaching license or certificate it is not necessary to also obtain a substitute license. Be sure the credential is current and provide a copy with your packet.
If you have a current license with a district, please contact the district for a copy of your license so you have it at the orientation session.
Substitute School Nurse
• Bachelor’s Degree AND
• RN license
SUMMARY OF STEPS TO BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE:
(All needed forms and resources are listed on the right of this screen)
1) Print and review the Substitute Application Checklist to begin compiling your packet.
2) Print and complete all components of the Substitute Employment Packet and bring to orientation session (please print one-sided only)
3) Register and attend a mandatory substitute orientation ($25 fee payable at the session)
4) Complete the Criminal Background Checks (BCI and FBI) OR provide a hard copy of results from a check that has been completed within the last 365 days (NOTE: If you plan to complete these at the session please arrive at least 15 minutes early)
5) Carefully read the Substitute Employee Handbook (print and sign vertification sheet/last page of handbook)
6) Print and complete the payroll documents and bring to orientation session
There is a $25 fee for processing all substitute materials and training payable when registering or attending the orientation session. Make checks payable to WCESC or BCESC as appropriate. This is a separate fee from any required licensure.
PAYROLL DOCUMENTATION (TO BE COMPLETED AND BROUGHT TO YOUR ORIENTATION SESSION):
All payroll forms can be found to the right of this screen. They should be printed, completed and submitted at your scheduled orientation session. Please do not mail or drop off the paperwork prior to your scheduled orientation.
Failure to submit all required items listed on the Substitute Application Checklist will prevent you from being registered as an active substitute. Please review the Substitute Application Checklist and retain copies of all documents when instructed to do so.
REQUIRED ONLINE PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING (TO BE COMPLETED AFTER ORIENTATION):
Public School Works online training courses are required of all COG substitutes. Information about taking the training will be provided at your orientation session. Upon receipt of an email from Public School Works you will have 30 days to complete the training to remain an active substitute. You may begin subbing prior to receipt of the email providing you have received your AESOP welcome letter.
AESOP Substitute Scheduling (TO BE COMPLETED AFTER ORIENTATION):
Substitutes are scheduled through AESOP. You will receive a Welcome Letter via email with your log in credentials for using the AESOP system. At that time please check your AESOP account for accurate information and to choose your district preferences. Details will be explained at your orientation session.
AESOP SUPPORT TO COG SUBSTITUTES is Anna Hennig. Contact info is listed at the top of this page.
FEES REQUIRED AT WARREN COUNTY ORIENTATION SESSIONS (must be separate checks):
Orientation Fee - $25.00. Payable to WCESC
Substitute Licensure Fee (if needed) - $25.00 or $125.00 depending on your choice of 1 yr. or 5 yr. license option. Payable to Treasurer, State of Ohio
Background Checks (Fingerprinting) - $60.00 to do both state and federal. Payable to WCESC
* * * * *
IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO SUBSTITUTE PRIMARILY FOR BUTLER COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICTS, PLEASE REFER TO THE BCESC WEBSITE FOR DETAILS AND GENERAL INFO. http://www.bcesc.org/